John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum is the nation's official memorial to John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States. It is a Presidential Library administered by the National Archives & Records Administration and supported, in part, by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, a non-profit organization.
Fall Photograph Cataloging Internship (15-DAM-03), John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is currently seeking applicants for one part time photograph cataloging internship position in our Archives Processing and Digitization Unit. The intern will create descriptive, technical, and administrative metadata for digitized photographic negatives from our White House Photographs collection.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in photo cataloging to gain experience with and apply current theories and practices surrounding digital asset management systems. Additionally, the intern will contribute to the refinement of a finding aid, conduct research to identify information contained in a photograph, perform quality control of images in Adobe Photoshop, create authority records, and write concise descriptions of visual material. The position will also include some negative and photograph scanning.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in archival studies or public history. Previous experience processing archival materials is preferred. Interns receive a taxable stipend to cover travel and food expenses, paid on the 15th of each month. The internship will start September 15th and end December 14th; there is a possibility of renewal for the spring session.
Internship Vacancy Announcement Number: 15-DAM-03
To apply, please send in the following documents:
by August 14, 2015, via email to Lindsay Closterman (email@example.com) and Nicola Mantzaris (firstname.lastname@example.org), or send it to:
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum
Archives Processing and Digitization Unit
Boston, MA 02125
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
Business Operations Manager
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization founded in 1984 with the purpose of carrying President Kennedy’s legacy forward. The Foundation aims to inspire and engage both Americans and people throughout the world with his timeless vision of public service, civic responsibility, civil rights, scientific discovery and creative cultural pursuits and ideals of peace, optimism and service, so they may learn how to translate them into action. As a major part of this mission, the Foundation supports the work of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, whose core function is to collect, preserve, and make available for research, the documents, audiovisual material and memorabilia of President Kennedy, his family, and his contemporaries. Today, the Kennedy Library in Boston is one of the most visited of the 13 presidential libraries in America. Over 200,000 people from around the globe visit the museum each year, and the Foundation serves 25,000 students annually through a host of free educational programs.
The Business Operations Manager reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for accounts payable, cash receipts, payroll, benefits management and financial analysis in a growing organization. The successful candidate will have strong human resource and accounting operational skills, experience in a fast-paced environment, detail oriented, have the ability to successfully prioritize and have pleasant interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts & General Ledger
- Weekly processing of accounts payable and cash receipts.
- Posting to general ledger accounts payable and cash receipts.
- Coordinate with staff accountant to ensure that accounts payable and cash receipts are processed correctly for fund accounting purposes.
- Prepare cash deposits at the bank and management of petty cash
- Reconcile of bank account on daily basis.
- Keep apprised of IRS regulations to accurately prepare form 1099s
- Data entry and clerical assistance for the accounting department
- Bi-Weekly processing of payroll, including administration of time records of staff and the proper processing of new hires and terminations
- Keep apprised with current employment labor laws to ensure payroll and independent contractors are properly paid and classified in accordance with current laws.
- Manage benefit program, including health and retirement plans
- Coordinate & process employee changes of benefits, new enrollments and termination of benefits
- Maintain benefits website
- Prepare all regulatory reports associated with payroll and benefits
- Manage the intern program
- Assist the CFO with preparation of Board committee information
- Prepare financial analysis on a monthly basis
- Assist in the annual audit process and preparation of 990 tax information
- Special projects as requested by the CFO
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and 7+ years of related experience in non-profit field
- Knowledge of accounting functions
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Flexibility, time management, and top-notch organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy are critical to success in this position.
- Human resource management required, along with expertise with ADP
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software preferable
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Chief Financial Officer
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
No phone calls please.