Back

Kennedy Commemorative Cup with Lid

MO 63.1186a-b
Kennedy Commemorative Cup with Lid
Waterford Crystal (founded in 1783)
1963
Waterford, Ireland
Crystal
19"
Lidded crystal cup on a tall foot. The body of the cup has four etched panels depicting the Kennedy homestead, the White House, an immigrant ship, and the New Ross coat of arms. The lid is a three tiered cone shape with a knob finial.
The Cup was presented to President John F. Kennedy by the New Ross Harbor Commissioners of Wexford during his State visit to Ireland June 27, 1963.
New Ross Harbor Commissioners
National Archives and Records Administration. Office of Presidential Libraries. John F. Kennedy Library. (04/01/1985- )
Donated to the United States
JFKSG-MO-1963-1186a-b