Services we offer
- Information about relevant Library holdings that support your research.
- Instruction and guidance in locating and using Library materials.
- Referrals to external resources or institutions that may support your research.
- A limited interlibrary loan service.
- Reproduction services for textual materials and audiovisual materials.
- Access to informational literature and selected reading lists.
- Information about copyright law and citing library sources.
- Instruction on primary-source research for high school and college classes.
Onsite technology services
- Access to a public computer for online research.
- Access to equipment for reviewing audiovisual materials.
- Free wireless internet access: requires a laptop or PDA equipped with a Wifi card supporting "WEP" encryption (most Wifi cards support this standard). We do not lend Wifi cards to researchers. Reference staff will furnish you with Wifi access instructions when you arrive at the Library.
- Camera stand for digital photography.
Services not provided
- Extensive, specialized, or evaluative research.
- Monetary appraisal of personal collections (documents, books, memorabilia, etc.).
- Critical review of your manuscript for opinion or accuracy.
Research policies and procedures
For more information please contact Kennedy.Library@nara.gov or 617.514.1629.