Before you donate
Thank you for your interest in donating materials to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. We ask that you review our donation policies and procedures below:
- The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library accepts offers of donation via email, telephone, or letter (see contact information below).
- To learn more about the types of materials the Kennedy Library acquires for its collections, please consult our Donation FAQ, or our collection development policies listed below.
- We ask that you provide a description of the materials you wish to donate, and your contact information. Please describe the material's media (letters, memos, handwritten notes, photographic prints, videotapes, paintings, medals, etc.) and the quantity (in numbers of boxes, folders, or items). If you are interested in donating a small number of items, we encourage you to furnish scans and/or photos of the materials.
- All donation offers are handled during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30) and must be reviewed by Library staff before they can be accepted. Library staff will respond to your offer within ten (10) working days.
- Please note that unsolicited donations (including drop-offs) may be returned to you or disposed of at the discretion of the Chief Archivist.
- Acquisitions email: Acquisitions.Kennedy@nara.gov
- Acquisitions voicemail line: 617.514.1642
- Acquisitions mailing address: Chief Archivist, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Columbia Point, Boston, MA 02125
Collection development policies
To learn more about the types of materials acquired by the Kennedy Library, please consult the following collection development policies: