Before you donate
Thank you for your interest in donating archival materials to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. We ask that you review our donation policies and procedures below:
- The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library accepts offers of donation via email, telephone, or letter (see contact information below).
- To learn more about the types of archival materials the Kennedy Library acquires for its collections, please consult our Donation FAQ.
- We ask that you provide a detailed description of the material you wish to donate, the quantity, and your contact information. Please note that we do not acquire very small donations (e.g., a single document or several photographs) unless they are truly unique or of singular historical value.
- All donation offers are handled during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30) and must be reviewed by Library staff before they can be accepted. Someone will respond to your offer within ten (10) business days if the material you wish to donate falls within our collection development policy.
- Please note that unsolicited donations (including drop-offs) may be returned to you or disposed of at the discretion of Archives director.
- Acquisitions email: Acquisitions.Kennedy@nara.gov
- Acquisitions voicemail line: 617.514.1642
- Acquisitions mailing address: Director of Archives, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Columbia Point, Boston, MA 02125