Interlibrary loan of oral history interview transcripts
Though the Kennedy Library is not an active member of the OCLC interlibrary loan system, libraries may request ILL copies of our Oral History interview transcripts for their patrons by faxing ILL requests directly to the Kennedy Library.
Our ILL procedures are as follows:
- Please fax your ILL requests to our Reference staff at: 617.514.1625.
- Faxes must be sent on the requesting library's letterhead or on the standard ALA request form, which can be found at:
- Please include the following information: borrowing library name and address, ILL contact information, the name and date of the desired transcript(s), (e.g., Byron R. White Oral History Interview - JFK #1, 9/2/1964), digital identifier (e.g., JFKOH-BRW-02), and your patron's name (requests cannot be filled without client information).
- Once requests are received, orders will be filled as soon as possible. Patrons may request a maximum of eight (8) ILLs at one time.
- A completed order will include the following: the requested ILLs, a letter from a member of our Reference staff, and a copy of our ILL policies and procedures.
- Patrons must use the materials at the borrowing library (LIBRARY USE ONLY) and must return the materials to the Kennedy Library by the date provided in the letter from our Reference staff (approximately 30 days from the date the order was processed).
- If a patron would like to keep materials longer than 30 days, please notify our Reference staff at Kennedy.Library@nara.gov. Patrons will be granted one (1) renewal per order as long as the items requested are not in demand.
- Please return materials via insured mail to: John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Interlibrary Loans, Columbia Point, Boston, MA 02125.
- If damage or loss occurs, the requesting library will be charged $.80 per page (rate set by the National Archives) when replacement copies are made by Kennedy Library staff.
For more information please contact Kennedy.Library@nara.gov or 617.514.1629.