General information about reproduction services
Photocopy and digital reproduction services are available at fees set by the National Archives (see policies below); we ask that all fees be paid in advance of processing orders. Self-service photocopying of textual materials is also available in our Main Research Room at a reduced rate (currently $0.25 per page).
Please make note of the following reproduction policies:
- Orders are filled on a first-paid, first-processed basis; unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate rush orders.
- Orders placed on-site are given preference over mail orders of the same date.
- We are not able to guarantee the processing of mail orders exceeding 100 pages; please consult our Reference staff for more information.
- We accept personal checks, money orders, or credit cards, and ask that all payments be made in U.S. currency. Foreign checks and money orders must be drawn on a branch of a U.S. bank.
- We send mail-order copies via regular mail; alternate shipping may be arranged at the researcher’s expense.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to mail orders by the Post Office or other carriers. We provide the best copies possible using available equipment; refunds are issued only in the case of staff error.
- We reserve the right not to process orders for researchers with outstanding or unpaid balances at the Library or any other NARA facility.
For more information please contact Kennedy.Library@nara.gov or 617.514.1629.
Reproduction services: textual materials
- Self-service photocopying: $0.25/page
- Photocopying performed by Library staff: $0.80/page ($20 minimum per order)
- Digital scans: $0.75/page; maximum of $37.50 per folder
Reproduction services: audiovisual materials
Fee rates (does not include usage fees):
- Low resolution scans of already-digitized images are free
- $0.75 per photocopy
- $26.00 per high resolution scan or to create a scan
- $23.00 per black and white 8x10 print
- $31.75 per color 8x10 print
- $20.00 per DVD
- $83.50 per BetaSP
- $15.00 per audio CD, except for Presidential Recordings
- $6.00 per Presidential Recordings CD or tape
Important information regarding reproduction of audiovisual materials:
When requesting a reproduction, please refer to the item's accession number or digital identifier, if it is known.
- Items that are in the public domain may be reproduced without permission.
- To receive reproductions of copyrighted materials, you may first need to seek written permission from the copyright holder. In some cases, AV Archives staff can provide you with contact information for copyright holders represented in our materials. However, please know that you assume all responsibility for ensuring that copyright is protected and that all necessary permissions are secured in writing prior to publishing materials from our holdings.
For further assistance, please contact our AV Reference staff at JFK.AVarchives@nara.gov or 617.514.1622.