Do you have a question for one of our reference archivists? If so, we encourage you to review the following tips for requesting textual and audiovisual materials prior to using the online request form provided below.
Tips for requesting textual materials
- Please search or browse our collections for specific holdings of interest to you. Once you have identified materials you wish to research, we ask that you provide us with the following information, where known: Name of Collection, Box Number(s), Folder Title(s), and Date(s).
- If you are unable to identify specific materials in our holdings, please provide us with any information that may help to facilitate our search: names, dates, events, locations, etc.
- To submit an online inquiry, please use the research request form provided below. For more information, please contact Kennedy.Library@nara.gov or 617.514.1629.
Tips for requesting audiovisual materials
- Please search or browse our photographic, moving image, and/or sound recording collections for specific holdings of interest to you. Note: Many audiovisual finding aids have yet to go online and so we encourage you to contact the AV Reference staff for more information about our audiovisual holdings: JFK.AVarchives@nara.gov or 617.514.1622.
- Please be as specific as possible when inquiring about materials, including dates, events, locations, and/or names, where known; also indicate whether you would like photographs, moving images, or sound recordings. Note: To listen to sound recordings in our Audiovisual Research Room, please schedule an appointment at least two weeks in advance so that listening copies can be prepared: JFK.AVarchives@nara.gov or 617.514.1622.
- To submit an online inquiry, please use the research request form provided below.