1. Is the Library accessible by public transportation?
Yes. The closest stop on the T, the local public transport system, is JFK/UMASS on the MBTA's Red Line. We offer a free shuttle bus from this station to the Library and Museum.
- First take the MBTA Red Line to the JFK/UMASS station.
- When you arrive on the platform, walk up the stairs or take the elevator to the station level, exit the station, cross the bridge over the train tracks, descend the stairs or take the ramp down to the street level.
- Board "Bus #2," a free shuttle bus that will take you from the T station to the JFK Library and Museum.
Bus #2 runs every 20 minutes starting at 10 minutes past the hour during Museum hours. There is signage at the T stop indicating the pick-up location for Bus #2.
There is a large parking lot located directly in front of the Library and Museum building. Parking is available at no cost for our visitors.
3. Do you accept credit cards for admission?
We accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover.
4. May I purchase tickets in advance?
No, unfortunately, advanced ticket sales are not available at this time. Tickets may be purchased on arrival, are for general admission, and are valid only on the day of your visit.
5. Who is eligible for either free or discounted admission?
|- Seniors 62+
|- College Students with ID
|- Youth/Teens 13-17
|- U.S. Armed Forces Veterans
Other discounted ticket opportunities may apply.
6. Does the Museum offer coat check service?
There is no coat check service. There is a public coat rack where you may hang your coat.
7. May I check bags or luggage at the Museum?
No. There is no place for bags or luggage. Bags must be carried at all times.
8. Are strollers permitted?
9. What are the dining options available at the Museum?
The JFK Café offers casual dining and is open from 9am– 5pm. Seating is available indoors in the café or outdoors (in good weather) at picnic tables. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
10. May I arrange for a guided tour of the Museum?
Guided tours are available on a limited basis for school groups and can be scheduled from September to June. Visit the Group Visits page for complete details and to arrange a tour.
11. Is there information available for visitors from outside of the U.S.?
The museum offers informational brochures in the following languages:
We also offer transcripts of several of John F. Kennedy's historic speeches in several languages.
12. Is the Museum wheelchair accessible?
The museum is wheelchair accessible and guests may request a wheelchair at the front desk (a photo ID must be left). Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
13. Does the Museum offer assistive technology for hearing-impaired visitors?
All videos shown throughout the Museum are closed-captioned, and closed-captioning may be requested for the Introductory Film in Theater 2.