Current and Past Hemingway News
News around the Ernest Hemingway Collection
- The JFK Library is working with the Northeast Document Conservation Center to conserve the Incoming Correspondence series of the Ernest Hemingway Collection. Please see the Associated Press article on the conservation effort.
- Listen to Sean Hemingway discuss his new edition of his grandfather's novel, A Farewell to Arms, which includes the 47 alternate endings.
- Hear Paul Hendrickson discuss his new book Hemingway's Boat on PBS Newshour and NPR's All Things Considered.
- Watch Patrick Hemingway and Sandra Spanier discuss the recent publication The Letters of Ernest Hemingway: Volume 1, 1907-1922.
- Watch Sean Hemingway, curator of Greek and Roman art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, speak about his grandfather Ernest Hemingway.
- 2011 PEN/Hemingway Recipient and L. L. Winship/PEN New England Recipients Announced. Please see the press release for more information.
- We are happy to announce the 2011 Hemingway Research Grant Award Recipients - Joseph Cheatle, Raluca-Lucia Cimpean, and Matthew Nickel.
- J. D. Salinger letter to Ernest Hemingway displayed at 2010 PEN/Hemingway Awards Ceremony. Click for a New York Times Arts Beat blog, and an interview between Tom Putnam, director of the JFK Library, and Scott Simon on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday. A transcript of the Awards Ceremony is available online.
- Letters from the Museum Ernest Hemingway are now open to the public at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. Please see the JFK news release, The Boston Globe and ABC News for two news articles on the release of the letters.
- A Moveable Feast: The Restored Edition with a personal foreword by Patrick Hemingway and introduced and edited by Sean Hemingway was released on July 14 2009. See The New York Times and The Atlantic for reviews and Amazon for an interview with Patrick and Sean.
- in his time: Ernest Hemingway's Collection of Paintings and the Artists He Knew by Colette C. Hemingway is now available. An autographed copy may be requested when you join or renew your membership to the Friends of the Hemingway Collection at the contributing level. Click here to join or renew.