Complete the online registration when you are ready to submit your essay:
Submit your essay online (preferred method)
To correctly prepare your essay and bibliography for online submission:
- Insert line breaks by hitting "Enter" after each paragraph and bibliographic entry.
- Be sure to use parenthetical citations in the text of your essay, not footnotes.
- Complete the Registration and Submission Form.
Submit your essay via mail
- Complete the online registration form when you have completed your essay.
- Print out the completed online registration form along with two hard copies of your essay. Your essay must be typed, double-spaced, and printed only on one side of the paper.
- Attach your registration form to only one copy of your essay. Your second copy should contain no personal identification information.
Please mail to:
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
Profile in Courage Essay Contest
Boston, MA 02125
Mailed essays must be postmarked by January 17, 2020.
Note to teachers
If your students are participating as part of a class project, please note that all students are asked to register online at the time of submission. See above for submission instructions.