This website was funded by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation and is a joint collaboration of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum and the Foundation.
The Library is a Presidential Library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), a United States Government Agency.
The Foundation is a non-governmental, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that supports the programs and activities of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
We consider "personally identifying information" to be: your name or a unique identifier (such as an IP address), your e-mail address, your mailing address, your telephone number, and any financial information relating to you or your accounts that you may provide to us.
Our system does not use "persistent cookies." We consider "persistent cookies" to be computer files that a web site surreptitiously places on your computer system without your knowledge or permission.
Our system collects server log data which will include your IP address, your domain name, the type of browser and operating system you used, the pages you viewed, search requests, in some cases data you submitted via web forms, and, if you linked to our site from another web site, that web site's address. This data helps us to ascertain the volume of our web site users' interest in portions of our web site, and helps us understand how to improve the navigation and content of our web site.
Personally identifying information that you provide by email or web forms will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection (for example on a web form), such as to send information or products to you, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, library, or NARA staff, Foundation staff, or our contractors may contact you to clarify your comment or question, or to learn about your level of customer satisfaction with our services.
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may transfer personal information to a third party only in the following cases:
- To a bank or United States Department of the Treasury account, which must receive payment for a transaction that you initiated;
- To a company that is contracted to assist us with specific services, including electronic commerce or donations, and which agrees not to sell or use personal information for other purposes;
- To legal authorities if we suspect that you are attempting to change or otherwise damage this web site, or you are using it in violation of Federal or local laws;
- To the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, a non-governmental 501(c)(3) organization that supports the programs and activities of the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum, when you use our online services to make a donation; or
- To Congress or a court in response to a subpoena.
Some parts of this site use browser plug-ins. While the plug-ins are needed to view or listen to some content, you retain control and choice about conducting the download. At the time that we create and post the web pages that require these software plug-ins for viewing, they are provided by their manufacturer for download and use free of charge. We can not guarantee, however, that the plug-in will remain free, or that the manufacturer will not collect personally identifying information about you when you elect to download the software from its site. If you choose to visit the manufacturer's web site to obtain the plug-in, please carefully review the manufacturer's posted policies for details about personal privacy and use of downloaded plug-ins.
Although questions, comments, and other communications that we receive generally are not retained as permanent records, please note that it is possible that any mail, electronic or paper, that we (or any Federal agency, for that matter) receive could become part of the permanent record of the agency, if the mail is part of materials that are scheduled for permanent retention.
The National Archives is responsible for ensuring that our information and services are accessible to you. If you have comments about how we can improve accessibility to better serve you, please visit the NARA Accessibility Page for further information.
Effective Date: February 12, 2015
1. Collected Information. The information collected during your use of the Application includes the following:
(a) Information Collected by the Application. As part of using the Application, you may provide certain information such as your name or photograph to the Application, but we do not collect that information from the Application and all such information will reside solely on your mobile device. You may delete such information from the Application at any time and continue to use the Application.
(b) Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Application, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, but this information cannot be associated with you. This includes information relating to how often and for how long you use the Application and how often the Application is downloaded. None of this information is or can be associated with you.
2. Use of Information. We internally use the information we collect as follows:
(a) Provision of Services. We may use collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Application to you.
(b) Updates and Troubleshooting. We may also use the collected information to update and modify the Application.
3. Disclosure of Information. We share and disclose the information we collect as follows:
(a) Aggregated Information. We may provide third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns. This may include making available aggregated, anonymous data regarding activity related to this Application.
(b) Legal Requirement. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users and/or third parties.
(c) Affiliates. We may disclose this information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
4. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date. We will treat your continued use of the Application following such change as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
5. Security. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your of your personally identifiable information that resides on your mobile device. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with such personal information.
6. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at JFKapp at jfklfoundation.org.