The Museum is open seven (7) days per week, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The final introductory film begins at 3:55 p.m.
Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum will be closed to the public until further notice. Please check this page for updates on our operating hours and status.
We are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
We close at 2:00 p.m. with final admission at 12:30 p.m. on the following days:
- Day before Thanksgiving (4th Wednesday in November)
- New Year's Eve (December 31)
We close at 1:00 p.m. with final admission at 11:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve (December 24).
|College Students with ID||$12|
|US Armed Forces Veterans||$4 off Adult or Senior Admission|
- Children 12 and under
- Members of the JFK Presidential Library and Museum
- Members of any Presidential Library operated by the National Archives
- Members of the John F. Kennedy Library New Frontier Network
- CAC carriers of the US Armed Forces
Veterans receive free admission from the Friday before Veterans Day through the Friday after.
Students in grades K-12 from New England schools on an educational group visit or tour are also eligible for free admission. Please contact Group Tours office for more information at 617.514.1589.
Discounts and Special Offers:
- Group visits of 12 or more are eligible for a group visit discount with advanced reservations.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute visitors receive a $2 discount during a same-day visit to the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. Show your valid EMK Institute ticket at Admissions. Not valid with any other offers; some restrictions may apply.
- EBT Card to Culture Program: $4 per person above age 12, up to 4 people per valid card
- Massachusetts college and university students receive $6 admission with valid student ID.
- Go Boston Card: Go Boston is your pre-paid ticket to over 60 of Boston’s best museums, tours, and attractions – and even some in Cape Cod, Salem, Lexington, and Concord too!
- The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is a proud partner with Boston Duck Tours.
The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is a proud partner with public libraries across New England. Check with your local library to see if they participate in our Museum Pass Program which allows up to two individuals to visit the Museum for $3 each.
Purchase Tickets Online:
You can purchase your tickets on site at our Admissions Desk, or purchase in advance via our ticketing page. Tickets purchased online must be validated at the Admissions Desk before entering the exhibits. Discounted admissions and special offers, including CAC US Armed Forces carriers and veterans, may be purchased on arrival at the Admissions Desk. Online tickets are valid for one entry per ticket, to be used within one year of the purchase date.
- Luggage, backpacks and carry-ons may not be checked at the Museum. These items are permitted to be carried with you, but may not be left unattended at any point.
- Photography is encouraged within the Museum, unless otherwise noted on the exhibit wall text. Flash, tripods, selfie-sticks and drones are not permitted.
- Lost belongings are handled by our Safety and Security Office. Please call 617.514.1555 to inquire after your missing possessions.
What Other Visitors Have Said
The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is an iconic attraction in Boston, guaranteed to be a highlight of your trip. Visitors from across the globe have praised the Museum for its representation of JFK’s remarkable life and presidency. Read what others have said about their visit on TripAdvisor.