The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is a presidential library administered by the United States National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Press and media policies for this facility are regulated by NARA.
- Members of the media seeking answers to research questions concerning the administration of President John F. Kennedy should contact the Archives Research Room of the Kennedy Presidential Library directly at (617) 514-1629.
- Members of the media seeking archival photographs, film or audio clips from the administration of President John F. Kennedy should contact the Audiovisual Department of the Kennedy Presidential Library directly at (617) 514-1622.
- Members of the media wishing to film, record or cover an event at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum are asked to contact the Kennedy Library Press Office at (617) 514-1574. While advance notice is appreciated, every effort will be made to accommodate last-minute requests.
- All requests for interviews with administration and staff of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum and the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation should be made through the Press Office at 617-514-1574.
- Photography or filming on Kennedy Presidential Library property for the purpose of promoting commercial products or other commercial interests is not allowed.
- A NARA representative must accompany members of the media at all times. Special lighting is prohibited without prior approval.
- Interviewing guests or visitors to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is prohibited within the Museum and the Library building itself unless prior approval has been granted.
- News media wishing to broadcast live from the grounds of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum are asked to give advance notification in order that Security can facilitate the parking of satellite trucks.
- Filming/recording in the Stephen Smith Center at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is permitted for special events. Filming, recording or photography of these events is subject to NARA regulations and the parameters established by the party using the venue.
- Photography, filming and recording of Kennedy Library Forums is always permitted. Mult boxes will be set-up upon advance request.
For more information contact:
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation