All social media accounts are run by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, and are public spaces of education and conversation.
Unless otherwise specified, members of the Foundation’s Communications Department run and moderate the social media accounts. Social media is monitored periodically Monday - Friday.
The Foundation is committed to maintaining accessible, informative, and welcoming spaces on all our platforms. We encourage our online community to engage in respectful discussions on our social media channels, even if you disagree with a post or comment. When replying or commenting, please keep content on topic and relevant to the original post.
We reserve the right to remove any posts, replies, or content and block or report users who post such comments and/or content that include the following:
- Threatening language, harassment, violence, racism, bullying, profanity, attacks on or intimidation of anyone; malicious speech about gender, identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnic origin or race; sexist comments; hate speech; suggestion or encouragement of illegal activities; and demeaning remarks
- Posts by anonymous or fake accounts and posts from accounts that impersonate others
- Repetitive posts or multiple successive posts made by one or more individuals, which are inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic
- Spam or fraudulent links
- Advertisements, solicitations, contests, promotions or commercial endorsements
- Third-party intellectual property, such as any copyright-protected material, including artwork, trademarks or logos and/or any violations of rights of publicity or privacy
- Information that is false, inaccurate, or misleading, including unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Posts including anyone’s personally identifiable information or private correspondence
By posting, commenting, or replying to one of our posts on our social media channels, you are agreeing to abide by these Social Media Community Guidelines and further agreeing to comply with the social media guidelines imposed by the particular social media platform you are utilizing.
Failure to follow these guidelines may lead to your comments being hidden, deleted, or reported. Moderators may also issue a warning or block your account.
If you have questions about these guidelines or see a comment or other content posted by a user on our social media accounts that violates these guidelines, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opinions, statements and viewpoints expressed by users on the Foundation’s social media account pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Foundation or constitute an official position of the Foundation.
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we believe the general information could be helpful. Please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company, nor does it mean we have independently validated the content.